About 2 years ago I came to use my router and when I pulled the switch, nothing happened. My initial thought was that maybe I had blown a fuse in the plug, but after checking the fuse and finding it fine, I gave up. Some have suggested that in this situation it is easy to…
I very recently completed rebuilding the y and z axis of my homebuilt CNC router. However even as I was finishing that build, I knew the z-axis design was no good.
If you have been following along at home, then you’ll know that last time I had a successful attempt at engraving a sign. With one main caveat. The backlash on the x-axis was still evident and ran to about 2mm.
Woo hoo! Today I had what I’m categorising as my first full on successful run though a whole sign engrave program.
Last weekend was the first time I got my cnc router to do something recognisable. After some tuning I got it to plot out a simplified version of my blog logo, backwards…
This week I figured out what I needed to in order to send sensible gcode to my DIY CNC.
Today for the first time I attached all the motors to my CNC router. Here are a couple of time-lapsefilms of me tinkering with the system
I ordered some new bolts with allen key heads, and some nylon insert nuts. The idea being that I’d get more torque on my tightening, higher locking force and better resistance to coming loose.
For some time I’ve toyed with the idea of building my own cnc router, or perhaps a 3d printer. The idea, of having a tool which allows me to fabricate parts using a computer to control the process, is pretty compelling.